BobMgr::GetBuf: Sort Big Output Buffer write not complete after 60 seconds.
SQL Server has encountered x occurrence(s) of I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file .
The OS file handle is 0x000006A4. The offset of the latest long I/O is: 0x00000
BobMgr::GetBuf: Sort Big Output Buffer write not complete after n seconds.
Following are common reasons for I/O Bottleneck in SQL Server.
1. SQL Server is spawning more I/O requests than what I/O disk subsystem could handle.
2 . There could be an Issue with I/O subsystem (or) driver/firmware issue (or) Misconfiguration in I/O Subsystem (or) Compression and so the Disks are performing very slow and hence SQL Server is affected.
3. Some other process on the system is saturating the disks with I/O requests. Common application includes AV Scan,System Backup Etc. So I/O requests posted by SQL Server becomes slow.
How to troubleshoot?
1. Exclude SQL Server files from antivirus scan.
2. Do not place SQL Server FILES on compressed drives.
3. Distribute SQL Server data files and transaction log files across drives.
4. If the “I/O request taking longer” warning is for tempdb , Enable trace flag 1118 and increase the tempdb data files refer:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2154845