Right click on the Availability Group, select “Failover…”
Select the new primary replica
- Synchronous commit = No data lost
- Asynchronous commit = Possible data lost
- Validating failover settings for secondary replica
- Performing manual failover to secondary replica
- Completing the role change for secondary replica
- Validating WSFC quorum vote configuration
Run the following on the listener to confirm failover. Should display new primary server.
Old Primary will be set to Secondary.
- Stop all jobs and tasks that connect to the database.
- Run a backup if possible.