Select database. Database mush meet criteria. Database mode must be set to Full.
Select Data Synchronization
Three Options Available
- Join only
- Skip initial data synchronization
- Option #1 of Data Synchronization is the easiest but require a backup to be made on the primary and a recovery on the secondary. Backup and restore are preformed right away. This is good for small database. Also need to specify a network path that can be access by both primary and secondary server.
- Option #2 of Data Synchronization is when you want to manually create secondary database. Use this option when you have a very large database where you want to backup and restore in a separate step.
- Drive location and folder setup must be the same on all servers.
- Database must not exist on the secondary server. If exist, remove first.
- Remote desktop onto the primary server in the cluster to configure this.